a meeting to be held in Paris, November 5-6-7, 2004
The MAPS allowing to find the meeting place and the hotels
The area of the colloquium (near the RER station "Luxembourg") as well as the area of the hotels
(near the RER station "Denfert-Rochereau") are easily
reachable either from the airports or from the railway stations. The map
below shows how to come from the airports to the center of Paris:
- from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport take the train "RER line B": all trains
are going to Paris. The station desserving the hotels is "Denfert-Rochereau"
and the station desserving the Carré des sciences is "Luxembourg".
- from Orly airport take first Orlyval, then the train "RER B" to Paris (same
than above). To go to the hotels, you may better take the bus "Orlybus" (cheaper) to Denfert-Rochereau
just near the hotels.
- from "Gare du Nord" or from "Gare de l'Est" railways stations, take the
subway line 4 to Denfert-Rochereau, near the hotels, or the
bus (line 38) to "Luxembourg" near the Carré des sciences or to
Click on the map to enlarge it. Note that railway station from Belgium, the Netherlands,
Germany and Great Britain is "Gare du Nord". Trains from Luxembourg and south of Germany
arrive at Gare de l'Est which is just near Gare du Nord.
For a detailed map showing the area of the colloquium place, the Senate, Paris
observatory and the hotels (Denfert-Rochereau square), please click here.
For a detailed map of the area of the meeting place (Carré des sciences), with the path from "Luxembourg" station
to Carré des sciences,
please click here.
The public transportations allowing
to circulate from one site to another one are:
- the bus n°38 desserving Denfert-Rochereau and Luxembourg;
- the RER line B desserving the same places; note that the station "Luxembourg" is
500m from the Carré des sciences;
- the subway M: the nearest subway station from the Carré des sciences
is "Maubert-Mutualité" (line 10) but is more complicated to reach from "Denfert-Rochereau" (line 4);
- for more details on the public transportations in Paris
are available here.
Reservations were made in four hotels for the participants, all hotels
near the Denfert-Rochereau square.
Detailed maps and information on the hotels are available here.